Home First Services
Assistive Technology Makes Staying Home Possible
Home First services can help you determine which AT devices might help you continue to remain at home safely, and do the activities you like to do.
Home First serves all of North Dakota and neighboring communities.Home First uses Certified Home Modification Specialists and experienced AT SpecialistsHome First is a service of Assistive (formerly IPAT). Assistive is North Dakota's Statewide Assistive Technology Program
Home First services focus on one important, but often overlooked way to make your home workable for you through the use of assistive technology.
Home First Services Can:
- Help you and your family members understand the potential of AT in making your home workable
- Identify the AT options that can meet your needs
- Demonstrate AT devices and give you a chance to try them yourself
- Link you to AT device rental opportunities
- Give you recommendations to help you select the right AT to keep you independent and safe in your home
- Provide resources for necessary home modifications which go beyond AT
- Connect you with specific vendors and contractors for personalized service and support
- Assist you with AT device set-up and training