Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Service
Making communication possible for everyone.
Are you a North Dakota resident who is having difficulty using the phone because of a disability?
Making and receiving a phone call should be an enjoyable exerience for everyone, yet sometimes a disability can get in the way. The North Dakota Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Service (TEDS) helps you by providing equipment to those who have difficulty using a traditional telephone.
If you are a North Dakota resident, TEDS is available to you if you meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- You are having difficulty using the telephone because of a severe hearing loss, speech impairment, or physical disability
- You have applied for or have phone service in your home
- You are a North Dakota resident age 5 or over
- You meet income limits (see application)
- You are certified by a physician, audiologist, hearing instrument specialist, speech language pathologist, or appropriate professional as unable to use a telephone readily purchased from a retail store.
TEDS has a wide variety of equipment that meets the specific needs of each person. Contact us at 800-895-4728 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Alternative formats available
Assistive contracts with the Aging Services Division, ND Department of Human Services, to provide the TEDS program. This program is funded through a telephone access line surcharge.